A resolution is formally expressing ones intent to do something. Simply intending does not equal actually doing. I prefer the idea of goals, things to be met. Goals accompanied by a timeline. Having a timeline and a clear goal doesn’t mean something will get done, but saying “I will have completed task A by time period B” tends to be a lot more effective than “I will do A this year.”
So, rather than resolutions, I have set myself goals.
- I will complete one Princess Tutu episode music analysis by the end of each month, and one month before posting it. I already have January’s finished, so this means I will begin and complete February’s before the month ends.
- I will complete my analysis of at least one Cardcaptor Sakura bootleg each month. I have an introductory post planned for January, so mid-February is my deadline for having the first bootleg analysis complete and online.
- I will sit back and enjoy at least one anime series of decent length without writing up by-episode commentary. I may still write some episode commentaries, or commentaries to cover a handful of episodes at once. I have no problem writing up commentary per episode, and I enjoy the extra time spent writing and gathering my thoughts, but it sometimes slows down watching a series a little when I have time to watch a few episodes. (I’m thinking a rewatch of Saint Tail would be good for this, as well as a rewatch of Cardcaptor Sakura. Long live hanyaa~n.)
- I will marathon at least three series, writing up either a series preview, series review, or some manner of commentary covering the entire series.
- By the year’s end, I will finish ripping all the classical music CDs I bought dirt cheap from Amazon.com on Black Friday. Problem is, I’ve ripped eight CDs as Ogg audio files, I have 52 to go, and I’m wondering if I should start over in Flac format.
- By the year’s end, I will buy another 500GB SATA hard drive to keep as an external drive to share between my PC and laptop. I’ll store all my music there.
- By the year’s end, I will have cleaned up categories for this site, as well as have made it easy to access all posts via the site-map. In the meantime, this post gets categorized as “Thoughts”.
- I will post more comments (meaningful ones) on anime blog entries which I would like to comment on, but for whatever reason do not.
- I will try partaking in at least one anime forum, although I do not expect it to last long. (I’m not really a social person.) The upside is I could work a forum reply of mine into a blog posting.
- I will stay away from IRC again this year, for it is a place where I’d never fit in nor desire to. (This is tossed in as a guaranteed easy one.)
- I will expand my range of posts to more than episode commentaries. I have some things in mind, some things in the works, but don’t know well they’ll turn out. Won’t know if I don’t try, right?
- I will take more cute, adorable anime figure photos each month.
- I will continue to write walls of text with no images breaking them up. Wait, that not a good one… Maybe I should use those cute, adorable photos to break up walls of text.
- I will avoid writing lists with an unlucky number of items in them.